ELIXIR Innovation and SME Forum on Data driven innovation in healthcare diagnostics
- Categoría: Workshop
- Lugar: Hotel Meliá Sitges, Carrer de Joan Salvat Papasseit 38, Sitges, Barcelona, 08870, Spain. Virtual option for some of the sessions.
- Organizador: INB/ELIXIR-ES (BSC) and ELIXIR
- Fechas: 22nd September of 2022
- Idioma: English
- Más información e inscripciones
About the workshop
The ELIXIR Innovation and SME Forum on Data driven innovation in healthcare diagnostics is a one-day event, which will be organised in hybrid mode*.
The Forum is co-located with ECCB2022 and aims to bring together researchers from large, medium and small companies and academia who work on services for data management and sharing, as well as people involved in national healthcare initiatives. This event contains a mix of high-level speakers from academia and industry and interactive sessions to discuss and interact with other companies, ELIXIR and VEIS partners on the following themes:
- Scientific achievements in structural genetics, multigenetics, diagnostics of rare and infectious diseases
- Managing standards and ethics in new technologies
- Challenges in boosting Open Innovation in healthcare sector
A specific session with Flash Talks, will give SMEs and Start-Ups the chance to introduce their work to a broad audience. Potential investment opportunities will be explored during the networking session.
- Give companies the chance to present technological advances in the field of healthcare diagnostics
- Provide a forum to discuss visionary ideas, bottlenecks and solutions to some of the major data-driven challenges
- Inform participants about ELIXIR resources and create a space for networking between industry and academia.
- Large and small companies that develop services for bio-data management and analysis
- Researchers in academia and industry interested in the data-driven health care sector
- Venture capital
Final programme: (detailed programme will be announced soon)
- Two Keynote talks
- Two Sessions of presentations from academia and industry
- Panel discussion
- Flash talk session
- Networking session
*Virtual option: streaming of the talks and Slido questions for the first two sessions in the morning only.
Business development in healthcare innovation Keynote speaker: Esteve Almirall, Esade (Spanish Business & Law School)
Innovation: is there a recipe for success?
- Bigpicture: Extending ELIXIR technologies for sensitive personal data to AI research and innovation in digital pathology Speaker: Joel Hedlund, Center for Medical Image Science and Visualization, Linköping University
- Empowering citizens: Could patients drive innovation? Speaker: Sara Mas, SalusCoop
- Healthcare diagnostics, from bench to market, learnings from a newbie investor in the field Speaker: Abel Ureta-Vidal, Nina Capital
Shaping the future EU health data and digital ecosystem - perspective on challenges and opportunities Keynote presentation by Aneta Tyszkiewicz (European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations, EFPIA)
Innovate under standards and regulations:
- Data interoperability and Knowledge Graphs in Drug Discovery Speaker: Reagon Karki & Yojana Gadiya, Fraunhofer Institute (FAIRplus Project)
- Certified Algorithms: Freezing the Fluid? Speaker: Sören Hornof, OpenRegulatory
- European Health Data Space. Would it be a game changer? Speaker: Carlos Telleria, European Health Data Space