Basics in omics technologies and Bioinformatics for research and clinical applications
- Categoría: Curso
- Lugar: Online
- Organizador: CRG - Centro de Regulación Genómica
- Fechas: From 31st May to 10th June 2021
- Idioma: English
- Más información e inscripciones
The Andorra Innovation Hub and the Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) are organizing a joint online introductory course on Omics technologies (with a focus on genomics and proteomics) and Bioinformatics for research and relevant applications, with a strong focus on applications in the clinic. This course is addressed to medical and health professionals and researchers from different areas (life sciences, biodiversity, and others) who want to learn about the fundamentals and the potential of omics technologies and bioinformatics for their areas of activity.
Multiple educational lectures from experts in genomics, proteomics and computational analysis will provide an overview on these technologies, available tools and their applications as well as major ongoing local and international initiatives. Participants will also learn about relevant related aspects of Omics technologies, such as research data management and ethical issues.
No previous experience in Omics and Bioinformatics is required.
Duration: 8 on-line sessions via Zoom (of 1 hour each), complemented with online preparatory material using the CRG online platform.
Lecturers: experts at the CRG, Andorra and the Hospital Clinic.
- Introduction to Genomics and an overview on international projects, Roderic Guigó (CRG) - 31st May
- Clinical implications of modern genomics, Jorge Ferrer (CRG) - 1st June
- Molecular diagnostic tools, Jordi Vila (Hospital Clínic) - 2nd June
- Data management, sharing and interpretation (the EGA initiative and the RDConnect platform); ethical and legal aspects (GDPR), Andrés Lopez (win2win), Arcadi Navarro & Teresa d’Altri (EGA, CRG) and Sergi Beltran (CRG-CNAG) - 3rd June (from 2:30-4:30pm)
- Early cancer development from a single-cell perspective, Renée Beekman (CRG) - 7th June
- Proteomics advances for a better understanding of diseases and patient management, Eduard Sabidó (CRG) - 8th June
- Bioinformatics for Medical doctors and other Healthcare professionals, Cedric Notredame (CRG) - 9th June
- Showcase of Andorra’s projects on omics technologies, Cristina Royo (SAAS), David Vilanova (Genomictales) - 10th June
Participants: medical/health professionals and other researchers interested in genomics (e.g. biodiversity) and students at the Faculty of Nursery at the University of Andorra as well as other Spanish centers.
Number of participants: up to 25 (after the registration deadline participants will be informed if they have been accepted for the workshop)*
Timeline: 31 May and 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, 10 June 2021 from 3:00-4:00pm